What Is Women Against War?
Women Against War brings together Capital District women to work for peace. We advocate for changed US foreign policies through lobbying, leafleting, vigils, media outreach & educational events.
Women Against War offers speakers, demonstrations, and exhibits throughout the year. One of the WAW project groups, Grannies for Peace, holds annual vigils or demonstrations on Valentines Day (“war breaks Grannies hearts”), Mothers Day, and Veterans Day. The Iran project group advocates for negotiations with Iran by handing out leaflets, lobbying our legislators, and vigiling and leafleting with banners and photos of Iranians, at the popular August food festival at the Empire State Plaza in Albany. These are just examples of WAW’s busy schedule. Please join us!
To find some other recent news you can visit our current Project pages [see right sidebar for individual projects]
See our project pages for information about past and upcoming events.
To find out more about our previous actions for peace and justice you can visit the ARCHIVES of our earlier website, Thanks to Daniel Wilson for creating this link.
Free Yard Sign Campaign: All during 2016 Women Against War has made these yard, vigil, or window signs available. We only produced 250 signs. You will now see them at vigils and demonstrations sometimes accompanied by a large banner with the same message.
What happened on July 12th?
Websites, Internet users, and online communities came together to sound the alarm about the FCC’s attack on net neutrality. From the SOPA blackout to the Internet Slowdown, we’ve shown time and time again that when the Internet comes together, we can stop censorship and corruption. Now, we have to do it again!
- Take Action: https://www.battleforthenet.com/
For an outstanding look at the millions of responses to the FCC and Congress and a gallery of different campaigns by advocacy groups you can follow this link.
Recent WAW Events
- Report on the many venues that hosted Humanize Not Militarize during the spring of 2017 [March 10th through June 30th]
- Announcement details for our Women Against War's annual gathering on February 8, 2017. For our archives with a report to follow.
- Women Against War Joined Medea Benjamin at the Sanctuary for Independent Media, On November 19th.
- Grannies for Peace and Allies International Day of Peace Vigil in Colonie, September 21, 2016 from 5 PM to 6 PM
- Women Against War shared signs, organizing skills and presence at the diverse, spirited Franklin Graham counter-demonstration on August 25, 2016 at Capitol Park West