Women Against War brings together Capital District women to work for peace. We advocate for changed US foreign policies through lobbying, leafleting, vigils, media outreach & educational events.
In January 2014 we switched over to a new website format based on WordPress. It’s still a work in progress which means that our recent events from 2013 have not all been added yet. To find some more recent news you can visit our current Project pages [see right sidebar for individual projects]
Sending boundless gratitude and appreciation to our departing webmistress,Laura DiBetta, who has developed, improved, and maintained our former website for several years. Laura has also co-created, midwifed and birthed our new website while also gestating and giving birth to her first child on Christmas Eve!
- Report on Stephen Kinzer's April 7th and 8th visit, by Alice Brody & Link to blog article by Marcia Hopple & books available!
- April 7, 2014: Stephen Kinzer lectures at SUNY Albany
- Lobbying visit to Representative Paul Tonko on March 7, 2014.
- February 17th, High Energy Grannies for Peace Vigil on the US Military's Huge Role in the Climate Crisis
- On Wednesday January 15, 2014, Women Against War Iran Project and other local peace and justice activists protested Schumer and Gillibrand’s co-sponsorship of S1881 which would impose more sanctions and commit the US to go to war if Israel attacks Iran.