What Is Women Against War?
Women Against War brings together Capital District women to work for peace. We advocate for changed US foreign policies through lobbying, leafleting, vigils, media outreach & educational events.
Women Against War offers speakers, demonstrations, and exhibits throughout the year. One of the WAW project groups, Grannies for Peace, holds annual vigils or demonstrations on Valentines Day (“war breaks Grannies hearts”), Mothers Day, and Veterans Day. The Iran project group advocates for negotiations with Iran by handing out leaflets, lobbying our legislators, and vigiling and leafleting with banners and photos of Iranians, at the popular August food festival at the Empire State Plaza in Albany. These are just examples of WAW’s busy schedule. Please join us!
To find some other recent news you can visit our current Project pages [see right sidebar for individual projects]
See our project pages for information about past and upcoming events.
To find out more about our previous actions for peace and justice you can visit the ARCHIVES of our earlier website, Thanks to Daniel Wilson for creating this link.
Free Yard Sign Campaign: All during 2016 Women Against War has made these yard, vigil, or window signs available. We only produced 250 signs. You will now see them at vigils and demonstrations sometimes accompanied by a large banner with the same message.
Take Action for the Senate to support a reversal of the repeal of net neutrality!: https://www.battleforthenet.com/
Recent WAW Events
- Women Against War billboard launch in Schenectady on May 3, 2018 from 10am to 11:30 am. "3 Percent of US Military Spending Could End Starvation on Earth."
- Leaflet from the Grannies for Peace Vigil "Stop Bombing Yemen", Saturday, May 12, 2018 at the Tulip Fest
- Report on the many venues that hosted Humanize Not Militarize during the spring of 2017 [March 10th through June 30th]
- Announcement details for our Women Against War's annual gathering on February 8, 2017. For our archives with a report to follow.
- Women Against War Joined Medea Benjamin at the Sanctuary for Independent Media, On November 19th.