198 State Street
WOMEN STAND TOGETHER TO CALL FOR AN END TO THE UKRAINE WAR
PLEASE JOIN US!
On Friday, April 8th, at 11 AM, women will stand in silence, dressed in black, on the State Street steps up to the Legislative Office Building (198 State St., Albany) – in solidarity with our sisters in Ukraine and around the world calling for peace. All women who share our concern are invited to join us.
One member of Women Against War will speak for us all:
• We will demand that Russia withdraw its troops and respect the sovereignty of Ukraine.
• We will demand that our government encourage peace negotiations by public commitment to:
• Continued rejection of a no-fly zone
• No NATO expansion
• Recognition of Ukraine as a neutral country
• An off-ramp for lifting sanctions on Russia
• Support for banning missiles in Ukraine
• Support for an international security agreement to protect the interests of all people on the European continent to remain free from war and occupation
• Humanitarian aid to Ukraine and support for Ukrainian refugees
Please RSVP by Monday, April 4th that you will join us, to help our planning, but you can join up to the last minute! RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please arrive by 10:40 AM to organize our arrangement on the stairs. The media is invited for 11 AM.
We’ll wear all black under our coats, which we’ll remove, if not black, briefly and stack on provided chairs for a group photo (unless it’s pouring).
Women will stand on the steps. Men and children allies will be welcome observers.
Signs and banners will be provided.
Masks will be a personal choice.